1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7 dead, 7 wounded in Santa Barbara shooting rampage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Not really the time to talk about what a great guy his kid was and blame the guns.

Talk about a clueless statement. He completely embarrassed himself.

EDIT: My mistake. I thought the man speaking was the father of the perpetrator. Seems I've embarrassed myself instead. My apologies to the father. My apologies to y'all. Since others have pointed out my error, I won't hide from my mistake and delete the post. I'll just own up to my screw-up.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He is talking about a person named Chris being a great guy. That is his son.

That is also not the person who did the killing.

We all know you're an idiot who would get a boner off telling a grief-stricken father how he should act and what he should say so it conforms to your political talking points. It's unnecessary for you to come on here and prove this to us.

3. sportbook

sportbook Member

He killed three of his victims with a knife. Must have been the semi-automatic kind.

4. sportbook

sportbook Member

Watching the videos it's hard for me to believe that he's not gay.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I just wasted time watching a couple of his earlier videos and, must say, I had a similar impression. Something about all the obsessive whining about not being able to get laid felt like bullshit, like he was putting on an act. Very weird.

Regardless, he comes off as a completely repellent worm even if I didn't now know he's a mass murderer. He was tooling around in a shiny new BMW, bragging about how expensive his clothes and sunglasses are, with a director daddy that takes him to Hunger Game premieres with the celebs, yet incessantly whining about how awful everyone's been to him.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wrong. But this is the most clueless and embarrassing post I've seen here in awhile. Could you please explain why you think it was a bad time for grieving father to mention that his murdered son was a great guy?

7. old_tony

My bad. I misunderstood that to be the father of the perpetrator. Don't know why I thought that but that's what I was thinking. My bad.

8. old_tony

You're right. I misunderstood and thought that was the Hollywood director/father of the guy who did the killings. My bad.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If this is true, the Santa Barbara police have some explaining to do.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/elliot-rodgers-parents-warned-police-weeks-before-mass-shooting-20140525-zrne1.html

I have a feeling this will turn out to be bullshit. But, if not, hoo boy.

10. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Interesting. I don't totally get that. He just seemed disconnected. Were he gay, I doubt he'd have such a fixation on women. I thought he seemed terribly straight, just with no idea what to do about it.

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Chart of all American mass killings through 2012 from Mother Jones here: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map?page=2

I couldn't place more than a quarter of these and then it was usually only a vague, Oh, yeah, that happened, right...?

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Another millennial who can't handle failure, so he has to take down a half-dozen people with him.
    Get used to this, members and moderators.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.