1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7-9 UNC-Asheville center loses part of foot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by txsportsscribe, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Re: sad end to a college career

MM, I got the impression watching him that he wouldn't have played professionally. Dude couldn't even run the lay-up line before games and at halftime. He just walked, and he still winced a little. He's understandably dealt with ankle and knee pain for years, and his knees never looked comfortable on the floor.

Still, this news is pretty shocking.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I don't think he would have lasted long in the NBA.

But I will say it was awesome watching him dunk flat footed against Louisville.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I saw this kid play in an IBCA all-star game a few summers back. Poor kid never got beyond the top of the key before having to turn around and go the other way. Finally they slowed play down enough to let him dunk, where I think he just stood on his toes.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's too bad. I hope the school takes care of his tuition so he can finish his degree.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

what do you suggest?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I also wonder, is the school paying his medical bills, since he contracted the infection while ostensibly on athletic department business to improve as a basketball player? I doubt he flew to Vegas on his own dime. (I know the camp itself is free.)

I'll add that I don't know whether paying for transportation to and from a summer camp is NCAA-kosher or not. I'm just saying, the school should cover his bills.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

7-9 UNC-Asheville center loses part of foot? Something to tell us what happened and who it happened to?

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

7-9?

Don't think so.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Well, if I'm going to wield that kind of power, can you send me a decent cheesesteak and a bottle of Maker's Mark? I'm on deadline.

10. Hammer Pants

Every bit of 7-7, though.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That, I'm buying.

12. Hammer Pants

I've stood next to him more than once. I'd buy it, for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted