1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7.7 Earthquake hits North Central coast of British Columbia. Tsunami advisory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Oct 28, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It's on the north end of Vancouver Island ... a (relatively) low-population area near Prince Rupert, B.C., and not too far south of Ketchikan, Alaska. Hopefully everyone has time to reach higher ground.

If one of these suckers ever strikes a more populated area (I'm thinking Vancouver the city, Seattle, etc.) it could be horrible chaos and destruction.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I live on Vancouver Island but didn't feel anything, was in a hockey rink where there was an actual hockey game going on. No one I have talked to felt anything or knew anything about it but I am on the East coast of the Island and about two thirds the way down. So I'm not expecting any tsunami to reach me where I'm at.

Screwed up though between one side of the continent getting bracing for the hurricane and a massive earthquake on the other -- biggest in Canada in 60 years. Is it too early for a "We're all going to die!"?

4. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Now there's a tsunami watch in Hawaii.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

We're all going to die!

feel better, beef?

Draft saved Draft deleted