1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

68 Philadelphia Inquirer newsroom layoffs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CatchMeUp, Jan 2, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, no doubt about that, boots. You're right.

2. boots

boots New Member

Don't pay attention to rumors.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If you were still cut-and-paste with pica poles at the ready.

With paginating, a page an hour is standard for us. Five people on the desk should be able to handle 3 pages per person no problem. I assume the lead designer (GOD IT'S GOOD TO TALK DESIGN AGAIN WITHOUT KNIVES DIRECTED AT BACK) would have the odd page as the cover.

The funny thing is, I've found having more pages to be quicker to paginate than being tight with fewer pages. Less cutting and squeezing.

4. fletch b. fletch

fletch b. fletch New Member

I heard that the Inky realized they messed up when they let Aldridge go, and they have talked to him about coming back, but DA said he's got other offers on the table.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

They messed up by letting so many people go. If they are going to bring back someone, though, DA shouldn't be the one -- he has a nice gig and can pay his bills. What about bringing back someone who isn't as fortunate?

6. boots

boots New Member

DA has bills too. I understand where you are trying to say. Again, don't pay attention to rumors.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Bills that three other gigs can pay.

Same for Stephen A. Would've been nice if he made the same gesture Wilbon did.

8. boots

boots New Member

Two completely different individuals wicked. One has class. The other, you fill in the blank.

Draft saved Draft deleted