1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

640 effing million

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I suspect I'll get to 70 a few years before you, if I live that long. Males in my family don't have much of a history - which is fine. It is what it is as the coaches like to say. My, um, interesting employment history of the past few years combined with trying to start a business at the wrong time (and without a lot of business sense) has put me in a bit of a bind. A workable bind but I don't see a luxurious retirement in my future. Which is OK. I enjoy what I do, even in this insane business, and have no problem working until I drop. I'm guessing I check out between 66-68.

Unless I hit a lottery. Then I'll probably die the next day the way my luck works.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Moddy, If you promise to hold out a bit longer than that, I promise not to make your head spin with lottery posts anymore. Deal?

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't get it. The jackpot was won last Friday and I'm seeing more people playing lottery now than a week ago. Granted, it's mostly scratch tickets, but you'd think there wouldn't be as many people playing now.
    What's up with that?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Too bad you didn't win. You could have almost paid off your car note.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I wonder if anyone's stupid enough to think it works like a raffle, where fewer entrants give you a better shot at winning.

Draft saved Draft deleted