1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

63 in a 35. No ticket.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, May 4, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

So how do we determine what is and isn't an acceptable reason to put the lives of other drivers in danger by driving excessively fast?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's a joke. Yes, the police officer probably should have just followed her instead of dicking around with her license, but no way she should get away with taking off like that. No way.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Likewise. I've been in that situation with my grandparents -- twice -- and didn't make it to the hospital in time, either time.

This thread could do with a little less righteous indignation...

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I can't believe the anti-cop reaction to this.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I did not make and do not intend to make a moral judgment about her actions. All I said is that I would have done the same thing.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Anti-cop? Did you really read my post?

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I wasn't talking about you.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And I would guess 98 percent of the people on here would do the exact same thing. Despite what they write in an anonymous forum.

9. outofplace

Maybe...but to suspend the cop for taking a dangerous driver off the road? One who already resisted arrest once? Bullshit.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Sorry - the cop was a grade-A asshole. And trust me, if supervisors say a cop screwed up, he REALLY screwed up.

11. outofplace

Or the right person with a big mouth and some influence took up the woman's cause. Sorry, it's bullshit.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

No, it's not.

She's pulling into the hospital and she's hysterically telling the cop that her father just had a heart attack. Ask any cop what he or she would do. Every single one will tell you to take the woman into the hospital -- and if you still think it's important, write the ticket then. He never even checked to see if her story was true, and he was pulled over in the fucking driveway of the hospital!

This is not an unusual occurrence, and it's the first time I've ever heard of a cop just ignoring the person's problem and expecting the person to just sit there while he writes the ticket. He acted like a tool, and even his supervisors agree.

Draft saved Draft deleted