1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Led Zep to tour, but ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 28, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

... without Robert Plant. Kind of defeats the point of calling it a Led Zep tour.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7694327.stm

2. lono

lono Active Member

Paul Rodgers to the white courtesy phone ... Paul Rodgers to the white courtesy phone

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've said that if Led Zeppelin got back together and toured, I'd go see them.

Not without all the surviving members and Jason Bonham I'm not.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

While I agree with you that Rodgers would be a solid selection as lead singer for this, no. He can't be a gun for hire (a la Queen). No.

Oh, and David Coverdale and Lenny Wolfe, please don't think this gig is yours for the taking either.

Ann Wilson, a few years ago, could have been an interesting choice.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Saw Page and Plant a while back, it was pretty sad. Page couldn't do much more than play rhythm.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap. A Kingdom Come reference...in 2008. I am in awe.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

BYH wanted to see Led Z but he already had tickets for the KIX reunion.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I could have also used the Rodgers post to mention The Firm with Page, Tony Franklin and Chris Slade. Impressed? Wait. I don't want a Night Ranger groupie and a Billy Squier fan to be impressed.

And after further review, it's Wolf, not Wolfe as I originally spelled it.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Don't tell me no, tell me yeah yeah yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Don't tell me no, tell me yeah yeah yeah yeah yeahhhhhhhhhh

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Sounds like they'd make a new record and it'd be a pretty different entity from Zeppelin.

I'd check it out.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't close your eyes, Buck.

cause when you do, I'll stab you for dogging Kix.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Page, Jones, Son of Bonham and Random Singer Dude are not Led Zeppelin.

This is like when Daltrey and Townshend toured with some dorks and called it "The Who!" when it should have been called "Who?" They may as well have caled the Page and Plant tours "Led Zeppelin" if they are going to try and pass this off.

As of now, I'll pass. But I wonder if Jones isn't just trying to put pressure on Plant to get on board with the whole "Ha-HA! We'll just get another singer, ya putz!" talk.

Draft saved Draft deleted