1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

need florida gator sports writer!

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by ufgators15, Sep 11, 2008.

1. ufgators15

ufgators15 New Member

anybody that is a gator fan or UF student interested in writing some florida gator sports stories??

if you are, i am looking to hire for a paid job..

if interested, please post here and leave your email, aim, msn messenger, etc...

i can give you more details..

not looking for essay type long stories... 300 words, 400, and up. all paying jobs!

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Do I have to leave the house??

EDIT: In all seriousness though, at least this guy or gal claims to offer money.

3. spud

spud Member

I'm interested as to what the "etc" entails. MSN Messenger was too good a teaser to leave me on the ledge like this.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i sooooooooooooooooo love the gators. doesn't what's his name date a chick with monster thingies?

how much does this bad boy pay, and what day of the week should i expect my check in the mail?

5. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

To hire for a paid job, huh?
    Wow. Otherwise I would've thought I was supposed to create an idea, interview and compose compelling prose on my own time just for the sheer fun of it because, you know, I'm already loaded with cash.
    The individual who posted that is publisher material.

6. ufgators15

ufgators15 New Member

where else would i post? to look for a writer?

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

There is a free-lance/stringer board within this Jobs board.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/forums/16/

I think that's probably the place most available free-lancers would look for something like this?

Or is this a full-time position, complete with benefits?

8. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

And we all thought the Gainesville Sun was cutting jobs.

9. ufgators15

ufgators15 New Member

so if your interested.. anybody just post here.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Most people won't post their personal info on here, since we do this whole crazy "anonymity" thing here.

Get familiar with your personal messages function. I'd guess that would be how someone would reach you.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

this whole thing appears to be a gag gone horribly wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted