1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

60 Minutes Story on Duke Lacrosse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ashy Larry, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

good point Boom, the students co-operated in good faith because they had to expect the police and D.A. would do a thorough investigation, instead they were "guilty" from the start, and no amount of evidence to prove their innocence would be enough for Nifong.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Does the DA have a chance of losing the election now?
    I'm just curious. Regardless, it just shows how protected these players were growing up. They were raised to believe that the cops and the courts played nice and wouldn't prosectue a crime that didn't happen.
    I mean, only a naive, spoiled rich kid would believe that him being caught on an ATM camera, while the crime was happening, would believe that piece of evidence was enough to prove he didn't rape a girl.
    I mean, c'mon ... clearly the product of a trust fund to believe otherwise.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the suits the three players will likely bring when the criminal trial is all over?

JayFarrar, I think there is somebody running a write-in campaign against the DA, but I'm not sure.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Nifong did get re-elected on Tuesday. But it's good to bump this up with Ed's passing.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Maybe he'll drop the charges against these guys now.....he got his re-election. No need to continue this charade.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I would consider that a positive thing from the radio guy who refers to all the players by their first names while calling play-by-play.

Draft saved Draft deleted