1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

60 Minutes Story on Duke Lacrosse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ashy Larry, Oct 15, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But I would hazard a guess that most low-paying, minimum-wage jobs still leave you with your self-esteem and dignity intact.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought Jess Jackson was going to pay her tuition, for life. Couldn't her University come up with a decent paying job? Couldn't someone in the Durham community fin her some self esteem building employment?

3. Case been dropped yet?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jesse Jackson might be her father.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The e
    The election is November 7th. Nothing will happen until the 8th.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Besides, pole dancing is far more dignified than working at Walmart.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If she worked -- openly -- at Wal-Mart, no doubt guys would come up to her constantly, trying to see if she would agree, for a price, to give them a little action relative to cheap goods and services, some of which are created at cost-cutter prices because of sweatshop conditions and unfair labor practices. They might even expect her to agree to such a transaction right there in view of others.

And really, if this happened, she'd only be asking for it.

8. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Why aren't they in Jail?

They GUILTY as sin.

(sounds familiar)

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

After seeing the 60 Minutes piece, it's clear they're guilty.

Of bad judgement.

$800 for 2 hours with those two? I'm thinking more like $80 after seeing that.

And I would not hit it.

yecch.

10. Boom_70

The moral of this story - lawyer up early. Another example where kids telling the truth right away to police was the worst thing they could have done.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The one kid saying he had never been asked to tell his side of the story to police, D.A., or anyone was amazing. 60 Min did a good job in showing how screwed up this case has been handled and how any lawyer worth his bowtie will tear it to shreds in no time.

Another moral of the story: never hire "entertainment" in your own house. I don't know if there were any "establishments" in Durham they could have gone to, but damn you just CAN'T do that in your own place and risk all that trouble. Go to a club and let the bouncers deal with the idiots in your group.

Along that note....$800??? I know it was probably 20-30 guys chipping in, and they're all rich kids anyway, but wow. In my collegiate days, $800 spent wisely (read: Natural Light) would have kept me and my roommates well-oiled for the entire year. Forget the lap dances.

12. Boom_70

What's funny is that Duke owns the house. They bought a bunch in area with idea of getting rid of the rowdies. Has Animal House quality to it.

Can't wait till the Civil Suit.

Draft saved Draft deleted