1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"60 Minutes" piece on Lance Armstrong, 1-27

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Jan 27, 2013.

1. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

USADA rep was just on "60 Minutes" talking about the Oprah interview of Lance Armstrong.

Really good stuff.

Death threats to federal officials, intimidating witnesses and spouses of competitors, the truth is, Lance Armstrong is the biggest piece of shit to ever compete in a sport.

He became the big bank..."too big to fail" and a federal entity (USPS) became complicit in his scam.

Forget his reinstatement to competition. Armstrong should go to prison on just the death threats alone.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's a bully and a dbag. But there have been worse athletes in the POS department, like Rae Carruth.

3. dog eat dog world

Maybe so. But he should be hauled off to prison for what he's done. When you cross into death threats...and if I had been Floyd Landis when my wife had gotten a text from Lance saying "Run, don't walk," I would have taken a nanosecond to beat that bastard to a pulp right then and there.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

He needs to be strung up by his remaining ball.

5. dog eat dog world

I'm basically saying that the USPS had no business sponsoring anything with the debt it has.

And, mentioning the USADA and the threats against its leadership and reps is no different that attempting or threatening to kill any federal worker.

He should be tried for this crime.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The postal service is not a federal agency. It does not cost taxpayers a dollar. It loses money only because Congress mandates that it do so. What it is is a miracle of high technology and human touch. It's what binds us together as a country.

Read more: Post Office Business Trouble - Why We Should Save the Post Office - Esquire http://www.esquire.com/features/post-office-business-trouble-0213#ixzz2JEzo9y7w

7. dog eat dog world

The USPS gets federal assistance to stay afloat yet buys sponsorships for crimin-athletes.
    Enough for me.
    Let them sue Armstrong for the money they lost on his fraudulent life.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I
    I agree.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Right, because USPS competes with Fed-Ex and UPS in the marketplace, but shouldn't be allowed to advertise its services? Especially overseas, where it had tremendous growth potential and saw the cycling team as a relatively cheap way to make its brand known to millions of people?

10. Minor details.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree that Lance should be in jail. What is amazing is that so many folks thought there was a witch hunt against the poor, innocent lad.

Draft saved Draft deleted