1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

60 Minutes memory geniuses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by playthrough, Dec 19, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want that much clattering around in my noggin

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That was the first story on 60 Minutes.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't know if such things are a gift, but they are a little spooky.

Fell on the tennis court and broke two bones: May 10, 1984

Watched last-second Colts victory in the afternoon and Shania Twain concert at night: Dec. 5, 1999

Found future Mrs. BTExpress on internet: Oct. 10, 2007. Met in person: Feb. 9, 2008.

And she can't even remember our anniversary: "Sometime in December?"

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't think that's freaky. I have recall of stuff like that. Hell you SHOULD remember when you met your wife, especially if you did so unconventionally like you did.

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

A classic episode of the old Later with Bob Costas involved Henner and her memory.

Costas threw out the line, "So when people say, 'what were you doing when man walked on the moon?' it is like that for you on every day.

Henner had a shocked reaction to the comment because, as she later shared, she didn't see the moonwalk because she was losing her virginity in a shower with the neighbor boy. Classic episode.

Edit: Found the clip

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's one small step into the shower AND ONE GIANT STEP FOR TIMMY!!!!!

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone know what was up with the researcher's glasses? One of the lenses was frosted over. Never seen that before.
    Has Henner ever been on Jeopardy? Hell she could be a category.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Off-topic: I really wish "Later" with Costas was still around. While I think his sports broadcasting can be a bit over the top sometimes, his non-sports work I find awesome. "Later" was great, he's always a great guest on talk shows, and he was also in a great episode of "Newsradio."

On-topic: I saw this segment too, and I thought it was great. I love "60 Minutes" preciously because they'll always include some odd story like this.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was thinking Stewart could take over for Charlie Rose when both are ready to do something else. When he's not interviewing celebrities (though when he is interviewing someone he knows well they are great) his interviews with book authors or other interesting people are informative and always lively. When they have an interview that goes long they should just dump the middle segment (which usually isn't time sensitive) and run the whole thing instead of putting it on the web and cutting it up.

10. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Talk about a faux-paus/friction situation.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Watch past Henner to see Costas laughing hysterically...

Agree, Costas is far too brilliant to be hemmed in on football and baseball. Wish he could have a show like that again.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Totally fascinating stuff.
    And they said the professor has an eye condition that requires he have one frosted lens to protect left eye.

Draft saved Draft deleted