1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'60 Minutes' apologizes for Benghazi report

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think 60 Minutes should just crater their leadership and hire James O'keefe to run things.
    The guy is uncanny in his ability to uncover malfeasance.
    His latest:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/363699/truth-about-navigators-john-fund

2. Boom_70

As we have learned about Lara Logan, the crush may have been actual.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That was true until certain news organizations became desperate to monetize content.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Clearly, the lesson here is that the devil will find work for idle hands to do.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You serious?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just Boom being Boom, engaged in some chain pulling to see who yells "who yanked!"

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Speaking of cover-ups being drops in the bucket ...

8. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

I might be an idiot, but I heard for the first time the other day that LL was a swimsuit model and now I am finally home to perform that search.

I'm in CP pretty often...pissed I haven't run into LL yet......one of the best.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Lara Logan's story will make a great story someday when Kate Beckinsdale plays here in a movie.

Lara's an average journalist because she takes too many chances.

The Benghazi story is one of the most overrated narratives I've ever seen. It's sad, what happened. It's awful. It's also confusing to the point of incoherence, and the notion that what happened there could be, smoking gun style, be pinned on Obama is laughable. It's only a story, at this point, because conservatives insist it must be a story.

And yes, that is a journalism issue. Fox News is a powerhouse. Talk radio is a powerhouse. How one party has leveraged these two entities to spread its message is one of the stories of our time. For journalists, people here spend far too much time talking about the political players who really chess pieces in a larger media strategy. The big story is right on the table, and everybody here would rather fixate on the politicians. It's weird.

10. Boom_70

Average journalist / Great whackers.

Alma you raise a very interesting question but to me I think the chess match is about
    who controls story narrative. Sometimes it's the media with politicians as pawns and other times it's the exact opposite.

Benghazi started out as a politically controlled story and then had a mid course
    direction change when things did not add up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.