1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6-year-old boy is floating away

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 15, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Here's the latest:

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE59E5H720091018

I'd love to see the bill for those National Guard helicopters. Might be hard to pay it from jail.

If the Colorado version of Child and Family Services doesn't have those kids out of there by now, they're negligent.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He's a professional nutjob.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Well, he's certainly getting the publicity he sought. Wonder if he'll land a show in the future.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I don't think anyone will touch him with a 40-foot pole after this one.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Was all this for his Master's thesis?

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'd been wondering about that, because the more I hear about this the more surprised I am that they didn't ID it as a hoax from the beginnng.

The family called media outlets before they called 911, and that 911 call is a joke: not once during the call did Heene or his wife explain that the thing was actually a balloon, instead they kept describing it as a "UFO" and seemed to want the 911 operator to believe it was an actual spacecraft. Those facts alone should've triggered hoax bells and whistles from the start.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I dunno. You might get a good audience to watch him being beaten with a 40-foot pole.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The sheriff said about Richard Heene: "His education level is only high school ... he may be nutty, but he's not a professor."

He also said he doesn't believe anyone would serve jail time because of the overcrowding situtation in Colorado and because it would be their first offense.

http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0UJuYLjLZ

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Depends on how much he gets paid. He could still have his amateur status.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

If Rod Blagojevic can land a spot on Celebrity Apprentice, somebody will find work for this numbskull.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Octomom giggles at this train of thought.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm afraid GB is giving our society far more credit than it deserves. Wont surprise me at all if this asswipe ends up cashing in off this.

Draft saved Draft deleted