1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6 arrested in plot to kill soldiers at Fort Dix

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pastor, May 8, 2007.

1. Yes. In fact, it is.
    These guys are another bunch of schmoes who will be puffed up as a threat for a few weeks and then vanish into the news ether. At least they didn't ask for shoes.

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Yes, there are no terrorist plots.
    When they wanna kill someone, they gameplan the morning of the attack.
    Isn't that how it works?

3. There are terrorist plots.
    Unfortunately for all of us, the threat-monitoring system -- to say nothing of the DOJ -- has become so corrupted and politicized that the government has no crediblity on the subject, And, I'm sorry, the guy who was going to melt the Brooklyn Bridge with a blowtorch, and Jose Padilla, and the bums in Miami, and these clowns -- dropped off jihadi videos at the store? asked the cops for a map of Fort Dix? -- scare me not at all.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch this:

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Camp Shelby, Miss., would disagree. And, those being trained at Dix are already joined up.

If you want to attack an installation that would cause fear, head to Bragg (Normally. Division is deployed now.) or Campbell, where there's a shitload of people, or Anniston Army Depot, where there's a shit-ton of chemical weapons.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Pagin Starman, Starman please pick up the white courtesy phone. We need a punishment.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Chill, Chuck.

They already don't get to be martyrs. And the gang at Guantanamo is going to razz these guys unmercifully.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

The idiots who bombed the World Trade Center the first time around went back and asked for the deposit on a van they destroyed. How many people did they kill? Oh, yeah, a half-dozen.
    As long as these types of people don't scare you, though, I feel much better.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Here's my thinking on their thinking: A kid considering joining the reserves sees that the base where he will be sent for boot camp is subject to being attacked. Maybe he has second thoughts. Plus, while they're in boot camp, I'm pretty sure they're still considered recruits.

If you want to attack an installation that would cause fear, head to Bragg (Normally. Division is deployed now.) or Campbell, where there's a shitload of people, or Anniston Army Depot, where there's a shit-ton of chemical weapons.
    [/quote]

Who knows why they chose this particular base. Maybe it was a matter of proximity, or maybe they had the idea that security at Dix was lighter than the other bases you mentioned. I would submit that the choice of base matters little. If a terrorist is able to get onto one and kill soldiers that would do the trick.

10. Ah, the first WTC bombers were not preceded by politicized "threat levels" and phony arrests. The DOJ was something more than a political chop-shop back then.
    Fine. Hide under the bed when this government needs some spin control. Naturally, the way to fight the global Islamojihadifascists is to jump every time some crackpot shouts boo into a video camera. There's no need to be smart as long as we can panic.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Here is an extended article on the subject. Link.

Draft saved Draft deleted