1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6 Americans to watch in MLS 2015

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ruben Rivas, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Here is my latest article, enjoy amigos :cool:

Six scorers to watch this MLS season : So Much Sports

1. Gyasi Zardes – Los Angeles Galaxy
    From Hawthorne, California, Zardes had a tremendous 2014 season with the LA Galaxy, winning his first MLS title. Young, big and fast, Zardes scored 16 goals and had two assists. He has a little bit of everything: a good shot, speed, some dribbling and quickness. Zardes could have a monster year in 2015 and already showed against Panama that he is a very capable striker for the US National Team. With Landon Donovan having retired Zardes should be able to showcase his scoring ability as one of the top threats up to for the Galaxy.

2. Juan Agudelo – New England Revolution
    A native of Columbia but a US citizen, Juan Agudelo first played for the US National team when he was just 17 years old and became the youngest player to score for the senior team. Still incredible young, Agudelo is back in the the MLS after a brief stint with Dutch club FC Utrecht. with the New England Revolution, where in 2013 he scored seven goals in just 14 appearances, Agudelo is trying to prove he can still score. He is a talented player looking to settle in and take his game to the next level of consistency.

3. Kelyn Rowe – New England Revolution
    The youngster seems to be the play-maker for the New England Revolution. Though he only scored five goals with five assists last season, his touch and creativity makes him a good alternative and always fun to watch. He is certainly a player to keep an eye on to see what he can do for his club and possibly for the national team in the future.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Sorry, but am I the only one who read this as
    6 Americans to watch MLS in 2015?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I suspect that's accurate.

I'm surprised. Everyone became such a big soccer fan last summer. Watch parties and all. I thought they would stick with it, especially the yuppies.

Ultimately, people can only pretend to like something for so long. Life's just too short.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think "everyone" -- whatever that means -- became big World Cup fans last summer.

5. Dick Whitman

They definitely became really big fans of taking the opportunity to show how worldly and sophisticated they were.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are there people outside of Seattle who follow the MLS?

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's fair. Plenty of that to be sure. But others enjoyed the event for what it was. It was just fun to watch. And really fun to gamble on.

8. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Mls is still a baby league but is growing for sure.

9. YankeeFan

MLS is an adult who can't afford to move out of its parent's house, and doesn't contribute to the household finances.

10. Dick Whitman

His sister, the WNBA, won't leave, either.

11. Dick Whitman

There's no way that first guy listed is 'Merican.

12. YankeeFan

She's an old maid. She'll never hold down a steady job, or get married.

She's dying in that house.

Draft saved Draft deleted