1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6/18 Deadwood was great again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by djc3317, Jun 18, 2006.

1. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

man, major dad is ruthless!

2. Dedo

Dedo Member

This show just keeps getting more and more incredible. Can't wait to see how Swearingen serves his revenge.

And for comedy, it doesn't get much better than Farnum and his rants at Richardson:

"I'd like to use your ointment to suffocate you."

and

"Do you only feign stupidity while plotting ways to madden me?"

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

wow, great fucking episode. Deadwood is simply the greatest in television history, better than the Sopranos at its peak. And so far, this third season is looking like the best yet. Looks like Mr. Woo returns next week.

Loved the scene with Cy and Cramed:

"Don't fuck with the fucking diety, Leon."

The scene with Al and Hearst on the veranda was great too. Al's best lines this week:

"The swelling and sagging of tit I lay to the exactions of time.

"I say that's naming horseshit virtue"

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Better than any Sopranos Season 6 episode. All the major storylines get pushed, we get plenty of action, a surprise death, nudity from unexpected sources, a surgical procedure bound to piss off the right, outstanding quotage as always, a little hint of boom-boom coming to the Bullock casa, a new level of villainy in the camp, and...Al out for blood.
    Great stuff coming down the thoroughfare.

5. Mmmm_Donuts

Mmmm_Donuts Member

I finally got to see it via the re-airing on HBO2. The throat-slitting scene was brutal. Another great episode. Last season definitely had slow moments, but they seem to have finally found a groove. It's too bad they've killed it after this season....right when it starts getting really good.

Draft saved Draft deleted