1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOOTBALL PERSONS NEEDED

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by rserri, Jul 21, 2008.

1. rserri

rserri New Member

BEFORE YOU START
    All internships and positions are non-pay. We do participate in college internship programs if you are looking to receive credits. If selected, you will establish strong contacts within the football industry; gain exposure to millions of users and have a reputable organization to build your resume should you do a satisfactory job. We are a well-known football company and provided recommendations for 11 interns who later went on to obtain a full-time employment in the sports industry this past year. Below is a list of intern positions we are looking to fill.

NFL TEAM BLOGGERS
    We are currently looking to fill beat reporters for all 32 NFL teams. Requires keeping your fan following satisfied with team information, which includes AP Reports, news, previews and recaps.

NFL DRAFT EXPERT
    Are you the next know it all draft guru and need to get your name out there? Send us a sample of your work. We are always searching for emerging talent.

AREA FOOTBALL SCOUTS
    Do you cover a specific conference? Division? Position? Attend a major football university or college? Are you a former coach, player or scout….or just a football guy and want to contribute? There are over 2,000 players for us to scout each year. This is a behind-the-scenes opportunity to expand your contacts in the football industry.

NFL INSIDER
    Every day, loads of information funnels in through various sources. Are you football intelligent and have very sharp writing skills. Want to establish yourself as a credible source for football information with a reputable organization….then this is for you. This involves being a very active person able to maintain and update new content daily.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL EXPERT/RADIO HOST
    Do you know big schools, small schools, love talking football and like to interview players? We are looking for a strong radio personality to host a one-on-one player interview show.

FOOTBALL RADIO PERSONALITY
    Looking for people who want to host their own radio show and are football savvy. You will interview various players, coaches, media and execs. Based out of NYC a plus!

FINAL CUT PRO EDITORS
    We have hundreds of player videos. If you are looking to build your reel, can tell a good story and have experience editing, we are currently looking to expand our video content. Must be based out of NYC.

INTERACTIVE MEDIA COORDINATOR
    Involves updating our virtual communities and expanding relations. (myspace, youtube, facebook)

ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE & CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE BLOGGER
    Will be responsible for writing at least one weekly report for both the AFL & CFL. You will also be responsible for interviewing players, coaches and execs using our contacts.

FOOTBALL PHILOSOPHY/STATOLOGY
    Do you have unique football philosophies about the game, look up oddity stats or are a football historian? New and different football ideas are welcomed.

THE APPRENTICE
    Work with the CEO/Founder, build your contacts, align yourself with reputable sources. Involves tedious work but could evolve into permanent job. Needs to live in NYC area.

PLEASE READ
    We are looking for the most qualified, enthusiastic people who can provide quality work and understand their role on the food chain. This is for serious minded individuals looking to enter the football/sports industry. Perks include attending football events, games, video shoots etc,. Please specify what area it is you are most interested.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

hoo boy... Where are the pop-tarts? Am gonna watch this one...

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'll watch it too...from the freelance board.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Wow, I can attend football games. Sign me up. I also want to receive a full-time employment and looking to receive credits.

For some nagging reason, I'm think this company is based out of Bangalore.

But since there isn't any contact info, I'm out of luck. I'm not serious minded enough.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

A few questions just off the top my head. I'm sure the rest of you have some others.

1. What's the company name?
    2. Does it have a web address?
    3. Where is it located?
    4. Who should we contact?
    5. Where is their contact information?
    6.What's a football event? Is it like a baseball match?
    7. How is this site going to survive with thousands of other sites just like it?
    8. If you are NFL Draft Expert or College Scout why do you want to work for free?
    9. What type of reputible sources would a freelancer be aligning themselves with, I mean considering it is a non-paying gig without any contact information?
    10. If you are looking for the most-qualified people, to work for free, and know their role on the food chain, how do you expect that to work.
    11. Video shoots?
    12. What exactly is a well-known football company? I googled it and something for a Cleveland Women's Football Club showed up.
    13. PLEASE READ: Why waste our time?

6. toledojoe

toledojoe New Member

I usually just move on when I see these ads, but this one really struck me. It wants a lot of work for no compensation. Why are these even on this site? If the company is so well known, wouldn't it be to the company's advantage to use its name so people would at least think it's legit? Incredible.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

14. If they are so good, can't they afford to pay?

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Good question. Now granted, we don't want $100,000 a year for this (although it WOULD be nice), but a little compensation would be a good idea...

9. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

you get what you pay for

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm moving to NYC to become The Apprentice.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You could always try this.

http://www.youcastr.com/

I see it advertised on the bottom banner of the site. Broadcast football contests and participate in audio shoots.

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

From their "Recent articles" section:
    Oh, hell yeah. I am SO there.

Draft saved Draft deleted