1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Wapakoneta (Ohio) Daily News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SportsDude, Jun 18, 2008.

1. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Company: Wapakoneta Daily News
    Position: Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: July 19, 2008
    Job ID: 937412

Description:
    Seeking a sports editor to cover and write sports stories including football, basketball, baseball and wrestling and other stories on sports focusing on Wapakoneta High School, Wapakoneta area and other area sports teams including Waynesfield, Botkins and Jackson Center. The editor will be responsible for taking photographs of some games or meets. The editor is responsible for laying out sports pages including front, jump and agate pages. The editor must manage and oversee writing, production of special sections and tabs as well as manage sports stringers to cover other sporting events and write feature stories The editor reports to the Managing Editor or Assistant Managing Editor on tasks and schedules. The person must be fluent in InDesign and Photoshop.

Here's the JJobs link: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=937412

Here's the thread on last year's opening:
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/40085/

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

not a fun place to live at all. but they have had some decent preps sports over the last couple of years.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My mom got the only speeding ticket of her life in Wapakoneta.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Is the SE there already gone? Or does the SE not get an SE byline? There's a story on their website of what looks like an American Legion game, but the byline says just staff writer.

Ohio cops are assholes, especially if you don't have an Ohio license plate on your vehicle.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ohio cops are awful. I will happily confirm that.

I love the name Wapakoneta. Not sure what it means, but it's fun to say.

6. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

If you think the cops on I-75 are bad in Ohio, try the staties near Mansfield. Biggest speed trap in the state.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This thread is worthless without pics ... of the Neil Armstrong Air & Space Museum. A required field trip for every NW Ohio schoolchild!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

I wouldn't say any. I never went. I didn't even know it existed. Maybe west central Ohio would be more accurate.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You've been deprived and should sue your school.

10. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Or maybe this thread is just plain worthless.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

Wapakoneta is Indian for "Let the White Man Have it."

12. any updates on this job?

Draft saved Draft deleted