1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Volunteer Publication Looking For Contributing Writers

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by SportsPageMike, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SportsPageMike

SportsPageMike New Member

Hello!

My name is Michael D'Avino and I am the managing editor of SPMsportspage.com. SPM is a national online sports publication with more than 130 staff members covering various professional and collegiate sports all over the country.

You can view our publication at: http://www.spmsportspage.com/.

I know that this is a professional board but I wanted to see if there were any writers, students taking journalism classes or fans that read this message board that may be interested in joining SPM. We are looking for writers and photographers to cover sports at various colleges, professional teams and/or minor league teams that are within your area. For example, we have received credentials from sports organizations ranging from the NCAA to the PGA and the NBA/WNBA .

A budding journalist could enjoy the invaluable benefit of some real-world experience, get a chance to hone his or her skills, and possibly create a stepping stone for future employment. We do believe experience with our publication would be an excellent resume booster for any writer or photographer. We are publishing on a national platform (we've even had some international coverage and plan to continue that), so working with us could very well give a student a leg-up on the competition.

There would be no monetary compensation; everyone at SPM is working for the benefit of having credentials for sporting events and to gain experience and improve their skills. We currently publish info from both amateur and professional writers and photographers. Please understand, no one is being paid at SPM - not even me.

That said, we do believe we can offer an invaluable (and possibly unique) experience for some of you writers while you can help us to grow and increase coverage in certain geographical areas.

We currently need a writer or two in Atlanta that would like to cover the WNBA's newest team, the Atlanta Dream

I thank you for your time and consideration. Please e-mail me at contactus@spmsportsinc.com if you want any further information. I would be glad to answer any and all questions you may have.

Sincerely;
    Mike D'Avino, President and Managing Editor
    SPM Sports, Inc./SPMsportspage.com

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Hounds, release the.

[​IMG]

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This definitely belongs on a different board.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Holy fuck.

You're going to deserve what you get, Mike, but not from me.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

"Any day, now...any day, now...I shall be released..."
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Wow.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Just what I was looking for!

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Good luck Mike.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive....total consciousness.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You're hired!

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Can somebody launch this gentleman in the general direction of the jobs board?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, because this isn't a job. :D

This is just devaluing what we all do for a living.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.