1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

52 percent of Mississippi GOP voters: Obama is a Muslim

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 12, 2012.

1. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

From the same poll, only 54 percent believe interracial marriage should be legal?!?!?!

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm most surprised by the 36 percent. I thought the GOP was certain about everything.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Two points, and then you can all start calling me naive:

1- I find this hard to believe. Any chance they were offended by the question & decided to play with the interviewer? I think I would be mature enough not to if it came to me, but I'd think about it.

2- Some religions count their members strictly by genetics with no technical legal way to "opt out". Could this be what people have in mind?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Even Plasticman thinks you're reaching.

Call me crazy, but I'm sure this has a lot more to do with an unceasing well of ignorance, his name, and mainly, the color of skin.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Guy, PPP is an automated pollster, no live interaction. I don't know if that affects whether people are more likely to game them or not, but I thought you should know.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Did anyone else see the Bill Maher segment the other night where they interviewed some Mississippi voters?

I seriously doubt that the voters were just messing with the pollster.

That said, I figured there was still enough old money down in those states to bump the sanity level up a little higher than it is.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You could take the same poll next door in my home state and find the same numbers.

I don't like it. I get frustrated at what can at best be called willful ignorance. But when others make asinine blanket attacks, I know which side I will stand with, and it won't be with the cool kids doing the mocking.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Why? Because it's important to reinforce negative stereotypes?

9. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

It should be clear that the President's only religion is politics.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Some folks really need to get out, more.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is a great point.

The right never mocks. ::)

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted