1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 54 "Transition"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Nice finish.... but I thought it was a fragmented episode, as perhaps it had to be to... ahem... set up the rest of the season. I thought 52 and 53 were real heavyweight eps.... 51 and 54.... not as much.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That had the feel of a next-to-last episode...

4. Giggity

Giggity Member

The homeless guy with the dog who gives McNulty a couple of shitty looks - he was one of the dock workers, if I'm not mistaken.

5. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

He looked like that checker guy....Johnny Fifty. And yes, I had to look it up. I ain't THAT good.

Damn, it's moving along now. Always thought Joe would be the one to make it through....trusted the wrong guy, though, and got betrayed from within.

My question is this: what kind of wild card does this make my man Slim Charles? I gotta guess Marlo's got him targeted next. Will he see it coming and step in with Omar? Or seek justice his own way?

Ain't no honor in this game for a true soldier, Tall Man.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I remember that he's named such because on his birthday he drank fifty fucking beers.

Do I win something?

7. Giggity

Giggity Member

Yeah - you win fifty fucking beers.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sweet!

9. Killing Joe had that "we're wrapping everything up" kind of feel.

And great to see another visit from The Greek!

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but does this episode's conclusion give new meaning to the prequels?

11. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Maybe....especially the stuff with Joe.
    I finally got to watch it this evening. Looks like the fact that yesterday was a holiday screwed up the local cable operator.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

When Marlo walks into Levy's office, sees Terc and says, (Paraphrase), "Have you found the camera yet?" is about the only human glimpse we've had of that cold-blooded bastard.

Draft saved Draft deleted