1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lloyd Carr has gonorrhea

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mdpoppy, Dec 28, 2007.

1. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

Sitting in the press box at the Champs Sports Bowl right now and we just got a kick out of one of the random text messages that came on the jumbotron -- "Lloyd Carr has gonorrhea"

I wonder if any of the papers will throw that in as a night, especially considering there's a lot of Michigan media people here for MSU.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

WTF is a text message that comes up on the jumbotron?

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

World just keeps getting classier an classier.

4. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

You can text message a certain number and they will display certain ones on the jumbotron scrolling along the bottom.

I've never seen it at a game, but pretty common at music concerts and other public events. I'm not sure how this one got through the moderator.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

WTF is a moderator?

6. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

Google it ... oh, wait, WTF is google?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Really the bigger question is WhoTF reads text messages on jumbotron at sporting event.

MD whats the text number - we'll text you and you'll be famous in the press box

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It couldn't have originated from anyone associated with MSU if it was spelled correctly.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

One thing most MSU students can spell correctly, is most STDs.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He's the guy who starts a thread on Anything Goes titled, "OnTheRiver has gonorrhea."

11. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

If I'm not mistaken, there was a similar incident in St. Louis this spring or summer that will be making it's way to civil court soon. I think the message in question claimed a teen girl has HIV or AIDS.

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

There was, and you probably read about it here:
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/49284/

Draft saved Draft deleted