1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

51 percent of Americans are not confident in the Big Bang theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sigh. Nice try.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I accept your apology. Dick's as well.
    Let us speak no more of it.
    Hey, kids. Big Bang.
    Parliament.

3. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Hey...leave me out of it...

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Wh didn't Noah save the dinosaurs?

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

According to the American Dad episode where the dad dies and has to argue for a second chance, a la Defending Your Life, God sent the dinosaurs to Mars, even though He's not sure why He did that.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Ah, another interesting topic turns to shit. This is place is a microcosm of why nothing can be discussed in modern society. Damn.

Anyway, I believe the Big Bang Theory is the best possible scientific answer to explain why the Universe appears to be expanding. What came before it? Who knows. Did something create a mega-dense ball of matter and light the sumbitch on fire to create what we have now? Beats me. But just because I don't settle on a plausible scientific theory for "what came before the Big Bang?" sure as hell doesn't mean I'm turning to any book likely written and influenced by men who wanted control of the populace, no matter which denomination holds it up like some kind of absolute truth. Maybe there's a creative force, but I don't believe Christianity, Judaism, Islam, or Buddhism are the truth behind that creative force. To me, they're just stories used to teach moral behavior.

I'm about a hundred miles away from my wife on these things. She's not religious, but she doesn't see the point in worrying about anything than our own sphere of life, like family, bills, and whatever shit shows are on TV to let her veg out after work.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The important thing is we didn't learn anything.
    That's what we have trend pieces in The Atlantic and The New York Times for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.