1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

51 percent of Americans are not confident in the Big Bang theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Gilbert has a new show coming up. The movie version of Bad Teacher. It looks dreadful, even though David Alan Grier is in it.

Melissa Rauch is smoking hot.

2. Mizzougrad96

I liked the show better when that's what it was. Now three of the four are paired off and they're even working on Raj. I guess everyone grows up.

I still watch the show. It has the definite feel of a show on the way down, which is odd considering it's the No. 1 comedy on TV.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

And 60 % can't explain a balk correctly.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Planck Epoch [playnk eh-puk]
    noun
    1) In cosmology, that period of time after the Big Bang during which the quantum effects of gravity are posited to have dominated all physical interactions. This period is calculated to have lasted from t = 0 to t = 10^-43 (i.e., 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001) seconds.
    2) That amount of time required by the typical AP survey respondent to blunder in his/her assessment of the current state of science in any field.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

See, I thought the Plank epoch referred to the period of time between the beginning and end of Doug Plank's career.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Given that a thread devoted to the topic on a message board presumably populated by mostly college-educated members almost immediately devolved into a discussion about a mediocre CBS sitcom, the numbers seem a little low.

(I wonder, with all the Roseanne alum, whether Original Becky tried out for Penny [I think Fake Becky was still on Scrubs?])

7. Mizzougrad96

I don't think I've seen original Becky in anything since Boys Don't Cry.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

As a college graduate, I'm going to admit that I really haven't taken a position on the Big Bang theory (the universe, not the tv show) . If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

9. Mizzougrad96

In addition to Galecki and Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf also has a recurring role as Sheldon's mom. Christine Baranski, who plays Leonard's mom, was also on another Lorre show, Cybil.

10. Mizzougrad96

Don't you dare get this thread back on track! :D

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No doubt you would have more interest if the story involved an
    underage student and their physics teacher.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Some of those teachers make for a Big Bang indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.