1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

51 percent of Americans are not confident in the Big Bang theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Thirty-six percent don't believe that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old.

http://ap-gfkpoll.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AP-GfK-March-2014-Poll-Topline-Final_SCIENCE.pdf

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SCIENCE_POLL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-04-21-09-16-05

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's a pretty uneven show, I can't blame them.

4. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, the Sheldon and Blossom thing is hard to watch. :D

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It isn't as foul-mouthed as most other Chuck Lorre shows, at least.

How is 2 1/2 Men still on? How many Americans want that?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

How certain is the big bang of the universe anyway? I guess it's accepted now that more evidence has been observed, but the 51 percent figure doesn't seem that alarming to me. When I was in school, it was truly presented as "just a theory," and not in a passive-aggressive way, either. And the scientific knowledge of most Americans is probably frozen somewhere around 10th grade.

7. Mizzougrad96

Enough that Ashton Kutcher gets $700k an episode and Jon Cryer gets $600K. :D

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The last one I saw ended with Candy and Lyndsey in bed together. That was a good way to go out.

9. Mizzougrad96

With Kimberly Williams-Paisley and Courtney Thorne-Smith now as regulars, the show is even ripping off According to Jim.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I liked it when the Rosanne romance was rekindled between Johnny Galecki and Sara Gilbert.

Sometimes I wish if they would decide if Melissa Rauch is trending more toward the intelligence of the other nerds or is ditsy like Penny. (She is a solid 6, though)

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've never watched one episode. It is irritating when I hear that guy say bazinga in commercials. Worst tag line ever.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don't need that show. I come to SJ whenever I want to see socially awkward nerds be bad at life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.