1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50th Daytona 500 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Well, Biffle's right there for the duration. He's been running faster laps than just about anybody on the track since the start, and he's smoking fast after pits. So expect him to get the lead and possibly create a gap to the No. 2. But that's only if he gets a good pit. His first pit was bad. I see that Labonte has made it into the top 10 as well. And I have my eye on Harnish and Bowyer right now.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Biffle, Kenseth, Ragan with 78 laps to go. No doubt Fox and NASCAR are hoping for a different final leaderboard than that ...

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Fuck FOX and NASCAR execs
    Fuck NCAA execs who don't want George Mason or Mississippi State
    Fuck all the suits.
    All of 'em

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

They'll just throw a few phantom yellows to get some of the stars back closer to the lead, then figure out a way to fix the finish.

5. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Bulls-eye.

6. Jar of Flies

Jar of Flies Member

Fuck NASCAR for starting the Daytona 500 later in the day.

What was so wrong with starting the Daytona 500 at 1 p.m. Eastern?

It's February. Do we really need a finish under the lights for the Daytona 500?

And the pre-race concert was full of fail. You're going to tell redneck racing fans to do the fucking twist? Give me a fucking break.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Where are Stewart and Kenseth? I suppose Earnhardt Jr is nowhere near the front.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You know there are plenty of people who don't want to have to get up at 10 a.m. to watch the race. The Eastern Time Zone isn't the only one in the country.

I'm fully in favor of later start times for Daytona.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

www.nascar.com

Go see for yourself.

10. Steak Snabler

Earnhart 4, Stewart 6, Kenseth 7. Kyle Busch in the lead with 59 to go.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but Nascar fans had to be figuring "WTF?" with that selection of music groups. It'd be like having Alan Jackson playing for NBA All-Star weekend.

12. Steak Snabler

The first three I'm not sure why they were picked --- other than that they were cheap and available --- but Brooks and Dunn are old friends of Dale Earnhardt Sr. It's the 10th anniversary of his win there.

Draft saved Draft deleted