1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

500 Days of Summer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Elliotte Friedman, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Saw it with the boss last night. Very, very well done.

Can't imagine I'd like Funny People as much, and I'm avoiding GI Joe like the plague. Can't wait for District 9, though.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Saw it a couple days ago and I agree with you. I really enjoyed it. The music was top notch. Heck, I'd probably enjoy GI Joe if they threw two Regina songs and "Mushaboom" by Feist in there.

But more than that I just really liked how the storylines played out and thought it was funny, cute and clever all at the same time.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Saw it last week. I thought parts of it were very, very good and then ... I found the whole jumping around in time thing a gimmick and confusing. But it really nailed the whole I'm so in love and you're my soulmate thing. All in all, pleasant.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There were 2 very good scenes, and the rest of it was pedestrian.

5. Magic In The Night

Which did you think were the two good scenes?

6. Songbird

The dance number with everyone he encounters on the way to work after he gets laid the night before, and, the split-screen in which he goes to her party with expectations only to face reality. That was top-shelf, poignant.

7. Magic In The Night

Yes, those were two of the best. But I also liked that scene where they were laying on the bed and he realizes she's telling him things she's never told anyone. I thought that really captured the whole falling-in-love soulmate thing. Because those are the feelings you get, that you're going somewhere no one's ever been.

8. Songbird

Yeah, I liked that scene, too. I've only had 2 or 3 of those moments in life.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see this movie. Been pretty stoked since I first saw the trailer about two or three months ago.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'd like to see this one. Impressed that JGL has turned into such a good actor.

11. Songbird

isn't there an SJ version begging to be written?

500 Days of Sonner

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That would involve all sorts of hot wings, pastrami, etc. Not sure we could handle that.

Draft saved Draft deleted