1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 Ugliest Cars of the Past 50 Years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Nov 5, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would love to have the car that they say looks like a big toe. And the biggest upset is that the Geo Metro or Ford Fiesta didn't make the list.

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

My friend had an Aztek in high school and we all made fun of him, even though we drove Grand Prix's and other crappy high school cars.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How can you call this car ugly?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding?

The current Acuras - except for the crappy-looking attempts to change the grilles (insert Westcoastvol joke here ... ) - aren't hideous, and have done zip to be on an all-time ugly list. SUVs and crossovers aren't stylish and there's not enough chrome to gloss over the fact that they are pickup trucks with extra doors and extra seats, but that's another thread, another argument and another day.

Love the '80s Toyota people-carrying van on the list. Reminds me of my years overseas.

Don't understand the Prowler on the list. A polarizing vehicle, to be certain, but with all the ugly nominations, the Prowler can easily be left off the list.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Ric Ocasek.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Those grilles are a large part of the reason I nominate current Acuras for the list. The original TSX looked great. Not so the current one. Sorry, I find the beak terrible looking. Coincidence or not, sales have nosedived since Acura went with the beak. And have you seen a Crosstour in person? It looks like the spiritual predecessor to the Aztek. I thought the current Accord looked awful; the Crosstour is another degree or two worse. Thing is, Hondas used to look great back in the day (especially the late 1980s).
    All just my opinion of course, much like the list seemed to be one person's random opinion about 50 ugly cars.
    And I agree totally about the Prowler. DeLorean doesn't belong on there, either.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Still rising as it left the park.

Nice work.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think all of them save Benjamin Orr would be in the running

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Great pull, but the dude has a hot, hot wife.

10. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

[​IMG]

Though fashionably late to this party, the 1992 Buick Skylark has arrived. She's wearing a fashionable teal coat, and a silver skirt accented with smart red piping. Please fetch her a drink, and whatever you do, don't stare at her nose! She gets a bit sensitive.

11. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Teal was like the color in the 1990s.

I have so many teal shirts from grade school and junior high. How nobody knew this was hideous, I'm not sure.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Jacksonville, Carolina and Charlotte don't know what you are talking about.

Draft saved Draft deleted