1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 Shades of Grey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 12, 2015.

?

Will you go to see it in the Theater?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Opening this weekend. The NYT AO Scott review:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/13/m...ower-of-a-runaway-best-seller.html?ref=movies

This cracked me up a bit:

"Ms. Taylor-Johnson’s sex scenes are not that much different from other R-rated sex scenes, though there are more of them and more hardware is involved. You know the routine: an arched neck, some curled toes, a buttock here, a breast there, a wisp of pubic hair, a muffled moan, another Beyoncé song. Maybe a riding crop for variety."

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but just from looking at the previews, what, exactly is the appeal of this movie?

Girl hooks up with rich billionaire, they use riding crops and blindfolds, and .... Why should I care?

Other than coming from a popular book, why is this movie getting such breathless hype?

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The thread in which Care Bear live-blogged her reading of the book remains one of the greatest threads in SJ history.

I Should Coco, Mr. Sunshine and HC like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Oh my god, that thread was required reading.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

There a link to that anywhere?

Count me under the "IDGAF" category for this movie.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Are "wisps of pubic hair" really all that common in such mainstream cinema sex scenes?

This movie looks sexy as hell.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

8. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pay a dollar to see this movie.

But my wife is going out with a group of neighborhood women to see it tomorrow night, and I think all the husbands are very happy for them to enjoy a night out.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ya know ... if she comes home hornier and wants to fuck your brains into next week, that's a good thing.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was thinking the husbands might find themselves a lot happier once the ladies get home.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted