1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50% of NFL players smoke marijuana?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 15, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is the NFL ready to embrace "medical marijuana", to justify the already high usage among its players?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This does not seem to fit into your theory that marijuana smokers are infrequently successful in life.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

His narrative is wrong?

4. YankeeFan

They have incredible physical attributes. These attributes are apparent early to others, who push them, and depend on them.

Let's see how successful they are when their playing days end, and they don't have anyone invested in their success.

And, we don't know how successful they would have been absent marijuana usage. It could still be holding them back. They just overcome it because of their physical abilities.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What demon weed seller hurt you, man?

The scars must be deep.

6. YankeeFan

I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Incredible that players who often cripple themselves in their work would turn to a drug with pain-relieving properties.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If there's anything we know about the modern pro athlete, it's how little attention he pays to his body and physical fitness.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

50 percent is bullshit. If it was 50 percent have ever smoked, I'd probably buy that. But 50 percent smoke pot regularly? Bullshit...

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And now the bootstrapper narrative is torn down.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I know you're being sarcastic, but if we're talking short-term vs. long-term ...

Draft saved Draft deleted