1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50, now what?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Dec 5, 2014.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I think people over 50 just appreciate it more. But then, I'm only 49, so what the hell do I know?

2. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

You may be right, HC. I didn't care at all about turning 50.

Considering how I ended up here, my advice for all of you turning 50 has to be to get the most comprehensive physical your insurance or finances will allow, even if you think you are completely healthy. Some things don't provide warning signs.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it. Only seems significant because it's a nice round number.

In actuality, you've still got another 2.5 years before you start the final third of your life.

And you actually midpoint of your life 10.6 years ago.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've crossed that burning sand a few moons ago. Say a prayer. There are many of your friends and family members who didn't reach the half century club.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Not to mention those who don't make it beyond 50, like my aunt.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Make time for a nap every day.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

When a cop asks you how fast you were going, you can (probably) reply with complete honesty, "I don't remember."

Draft saved Draft deleted