1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 most loathsome people in college football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Jan 8, 2007.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So where in the top 10 does Frank Broyles rank?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Haven't read through the whole list yet. I was totally on board, laughing along, Bill Simmons, Matthew McConaughey, David Boren, who's going to argue? But then 47 is Pam Ward? When did an broadcaster who does a great job of describing what's happening on the field, and actually has a feel for the game, become a bad thing?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

# 8, like Time's Man of the Year, YOU:

Charges: Yeah, great, you were chosen Time magazine's "Man of the Year" -- you still suck.

You blow entire Saturdays living vicariously through unsuspecting 19-year-olds whose 40 times you care more about than their GPAs, yet have no qualms about turning on them the moment they fuck up.

Similarly, you hail every new coach as a "savior" with godlike powers to lift your team to the greatest heights of achievement, but call for them to be fired the minute the clock hits 00:00 on their first loss.

Most of you have never played a single down of competitive football, but launch into frothing, rage-filled bitchfests about individual play calls or entire game plans before the dust has even settled on the field.

And you spew hate-filled invective like a Mentos-doctored Coke bottle at people whose only sin is wearing different team colors from yours.

Just what the fuck is wrong with you, anyway?

Exhibit A: Check any Alabama message board.

Sentence: Twenty years of being followed everywhere you go by the announcing team of Pam Ward (play-by-play) and Dave Rowe (color), who will loudly and conspicuously narrate every last embarrassing moment of your miserable, worthless life

[​IMG]

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outstanding pick..

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Thank you. I've always liked Pam Ward, and I am ashamed when men rip her just because they can't handle a woman doing a job they think should be the exclusive domain of men. She's a good person, and she works a lot harder than a lot of guys I know.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of No. 20. Couldn't have written it better myself.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Saban, Holtz and Fulmer are too low, Tubby's too high, Lemming should always improve on his position -- he can never be high enough

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

now THAT'S some funny stuff ;D

10. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Where's Jenn Sterger?

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Oh snap, they put Mark May in the top 10. Funny stuff :D

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The Arkansas parents, but not Frank Broyles?
    At least they got Matthew McConaughey right (and OGRE!!!)...

Draft saved Draft deleted