1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 most loathsome Americans, 2008

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Jan 12, 2009.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

She's actually on The View today. I passed by a TV on the way to lunch. I didn't stay long enough to watch. Just couldn't.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

They addressed her with a slam on the Nancy Faux-MertonHanks-tenhauer entry.

3. Grimace

Grimace Guest

That photo of Joe Lieberman humping a donkey is priceless.

Plus they provided me with a new sig.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Coulter's nominee for Time's Person of the Year for 2008:

"I name Sarah Palin for her genius at annoying all the right people. I haven't seen liberals so enraged by a woman since me. Once John McCain was nominated, the election was a snoozefest until our hero bounded out of the Alaskan tundra. Palin is wildly interesting, charismatic and charming, so Democrats fixated on her inexperience--meaning she is only five times as experienced as our next President."

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

This list is gold.. so damn funny..

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Sarah Palin? Really? She's the most loathesome American? Sure, she has plenty of faults, and Tina Fey looks more like her than she does herself, but come on. A-Rod, Scott Boras and Hank Steinbrenner are all worse, and none made the list.

7. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I'd loathe someone that dumb trying to ruin my country far more than the douches that are a small portion of the many people ruining baseball, a sport that started its downward spiral long before any of them came along.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If one could receive a Pulitzer for a blog, this would earn it:

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bravo for Ron Fournier's inclusion.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I know this thing is halfway tongue-in-cheek, but sentencing the Clintons to sniper attack ... hmmm

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yes, but the joke is that the sniper fire will be as real as the sniper fire Hillary claimed to face in Bosnia.

I enjoyed the hell out of Greenspan's entry, btw. This isn't the way it happened in Atlas Shrugged!

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be about Steelers fans (crossthreading).

Draft saved Draft deleted