1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 Greatest 80s Commercials

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Dec 15, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

There was already a thread about this, but you have to post the "50 More 80s Commercials" link for those that want to relive commercials for 'The Clapper', "Where's the Beef?", the merger of Pepsi and Burger King, and so many more...
    http://www.giantmag.com/2006/12/tv/by-popular-demand-50-more-80s-commercials/1/

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Freedom Rock and Tootsie Pop are the only 2 in the top 20 I can remember.

Where's The Beef is highly underrated in this list.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

If you watch the McDLT commercial, it'll dawn on you that had Jason Alexander not gone bald shortly after this ad was made -- making him the ideal alter-ego for Larry David -- he'd be a successful Broadway song/dance man instead of a fabulously wealthy television star.

5. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

what's sad about that freedom rock commercial is i still remembered the order of the song clips. i was what, 12 when that came out?

For anyone grow up in New England in the 80s, do you remember a commercial for an audio store called, I think, "Sounds Great" where the ending was like, "Sounds Great...hot hot...February sale" and there was a shoe tapping? i've been looking everywhere for that.

6. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

oh man, i just found this:

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/1291/

yeah, not a commercial, but damn if this wasn't the best sound to hear on TV because it preceded Charlie Brown Christmas or something like that...

Draft saved Draft deleted