1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50 Bands, 50 States

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 1, 2008.

1. clubber

clubber New Member

Aerosmith is from NH and The Phoenix picked them as the best New Hampshire band. And Boston sucks. The Pixies have had far more influence on music as a whole than Boston.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Um, without the Louvin Brothers, Alabama (the group) and countless other famous and/or influential country acts might never have existed.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's as ignorant as Bob Dylan over Prince. While I'm not an overboard fan of either, Pall is right on the money: Prince's contributions to music cannot be overstated.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

MUAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!

I love you, Sam.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

George Clinton over James Taylor as solo artist for North Carolina?

I think the fertilizer smell is coming from somewhere besides the leaky septic tank down the street.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

If Aerosmith isn't a Boston band then the J. Geils Band is the runaway winner from Beantown.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ooh, good pull Huggy.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Relative to their (one-time) popularity, Boston may be one of the 10 worst bands of all-time.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Do people even make music between Kansas City and Seattle? I clicked on all those states and came up with a big bag of nothing.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dumbasses must have forgotten Chrissie Hynde is from Ohio. Pere Ubu?? I guess they are trying to be cool, not correct. Chrissie Hynde > Pere Ubu.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

clubber_slang now angry

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Umm... no fucking way.

Pere Ubu is about right. Could've gone to the Dead Boys, but they were a New York band. Could've gone to Rocket from the Tombs, but Pere Ubu is a safer representation of that.

Hynde was a good one too, but she left the area and didn't really pay her musical dues in Ohio.

Draft saved Draft deleted