1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5-year-old tyke can hit 85 mph pitching, take infield

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Apr 13, 2010.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Ah, so that explains everything! :D

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I enjoy that the No. 7 linked video on the right of that link is "plane crashes on video." Would be more fitting if it was train wrecks.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Call me when he dances (and smokes) like this:

4. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

I thought Bryce Harper was taller.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I didn't think about a helmet when he was facing the machine, but when the coach started throwing full speed at him ... yeah, needed a helmet.

And I don't buy that's an 85 mph machine either.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Jesus, he hits better right now than I ever hit on my best day.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No doubt it probably wasn't 85 MPH, but you could tell, that coach was throwing to him with some heat.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Impressive - but get back to me when the kid can hit pitching at different speeds, not knowing what speed is next.

My son is 7 and he can hit heat but it takes a few pitches for him to get the timing down. When I go change up and slow it down without telling him, it is a difficult transition.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I was going to post the same thing earlier but didn't want to sound like a dad bragging. My kid is 6, is still in T-ball and can hit pitches as long as they're fastballs right down the middle. If the ball is being put in the same spot every time, chances are he's going to hit it.

That being said, I'm more impressed with this kid's ability to field the ball. That's something that you just don't see at that age. I've watched more T-ball games that I'd care to remember and kids that age can barely get in front of a ball and grip it let alone do some of the stuff this kid is doing in the video.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That kid fields more reliably than I ever did.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That kid fields more reliably than just about everyone on my softball team.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, he is sober.

Draft saved Draft deleted