1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'5 Reasons You Should Have Sex With Your Husband Every Night'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Why little kids?
    They are asleep earlier, more manageable schedule.
    The older kids stay up later.

We were getting to the point it was once or twice or week, before we had a discussion about it.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because they are always home.

And because they wear you down to the point you're just too tired for extracurriculars.

4. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Yeah, we used to far more frequently when the kids were small.

Now with two teenagers, she's all "Oh, they're going to hear something."

Unless both of them are out of the house for some reason, it's usually a no-go.

5. Dick Whitman

Another reason is that little kids can physically beat you down, particularly if there is breast feeding involved.

6. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Everybody's experience varies, obviously, but my wife and I thought having little ones was a breeze. There was only so much shit they could get into, and the consequences for their mistakes were fairly innocent.

Trying to keep my 17-year-old from killing himself in a car and keeping horny teenage boys away from my daughter is a full-time job, in addition to my full-time job.

I feel more tired -- emotionally, if not physically -- now than I ever did when they were small.

Throw in the fact that my wife and I have been together since we were HS seniors, and it can get tough to make the whole "romance" thing work these days.

7. I'm more in this camp.
    Once they start sleeping through the night, It's a lot easier than than with older kids.

8. Dick Whitman

Yeah, yeah. It's back on like Donkey Kong now that she sleeps. For 18 months she breast fed and largely slept in our bed.

Draft saved Draft deleted