1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5 major NE papers to share content

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spnited, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I initially thought Nebraska (postal abbreviation) because I'm closer to there than New England.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

true that. the thread header should be changed, caffeineman. :)

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

So Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island, Scotsbluff and (instern another Neb. city here) aren't teaming up?

4. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Impressed that you know more than Omaha and Lincoln. I had a friend call me after the Omaha mall shooting wondering if I was OK because he figured they were suburbs of one another.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Given the circumstances, I'm somewhat disappointed that it's survived this long. So no changes.

6. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Re: The Northeast Consortium

I think it's going to cost people jobs.

Will Albany writers travel to anything in Jersey or Buffalo for college teams?

Will Albany just use NY Daily News copy on the Giants? (except may during training camp)?

Does Buffalo cut back on covering the state legislature and use Albany instead?

Interesting that Syracuse is not involved.

7. Re: The Northeast Consortium

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/67026/

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

threads merged.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It's a trend and I can't find a ton of fault with it. Readers just want the facts. They could care less who writes it or who signs the paychecks.

The day people bought a paper to read a certain writer died when television came in. There are precious few great writers anymore. Most of us simply piece together our gamers and features and do our darndest to make deadline. And management really doesn't care.

It matters to US, because there are fewer people covering the Jets game or the state legislature, but it doesn't matter to the readers.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, god forbid having staff writers connect with readers.

Draft saved Draft deleted