1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5 for 5: Another music thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Back in the early 80s when I didn't have any "female companionship" I always thought Teo Torriatte would be the perfect first-dance wedding song. I have no idea why, when Mrs. Fly finally landed me in 2003, I couldn't even think to bring that up as a suggestion (old and forgetful by that time). We did have a great tune even if it was sung by a Canuckistani chick (and even though it was written by Randy Newman): Chantal Kreviazuk's version of "Feels Like Home"- we even took dance lessons and did a mean foxtrot type thing that made it seem like we knew what we were doing.

Sitting here watching VH1 Classic showing Queen at the Forum in Montreal from '81...which made me think of this thread. I should be sleeping, but Mrs. Fly and Flyette had to make an 8-plus hour long drive from the 'hood to southwest Illinois for her aunt's funeral tomorrow. With the big storms they had to navigate (and not being able to leave until the kid finished school this afternoon) I'm still wired even though I should be in bed. 7am EDT will come too early for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted