1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5 cops killed, more injured during protests against police in Dallas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Jul 7, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's not definitive but it looks bad. He was walking backwards, making no sudden moves I can see.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can definitely see why they didn't want to release that.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Police in Danville, Va., now lift their car hoods at every stop, ostensibly to prevent overheating. The fact that it blocks the dash cam is surely just a coincidence.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dayum ...

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They're screwed.

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Wtf

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So have we heard more about the gun at the scene? If it really did contain the victim's DNA, how hard would that be to do after the fact?

Thought it was interesting that the cop in the fake shooting in Georgia had an off-the-books gun she has lied about.

Wonder why a cop on the force just 3 months feel she needed to run around with a gun she didn't want anyone to know about.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Don't see how any reasonable person would think that was a necessary shooting or good police work.

All this time I thought that Scott was in the white pick up. It took about 5 run throughs of police video
    to realize that he came out of the SUV across street from the pickup.

Cop who pulled trigger should be convicted of manslaughter

Ace likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There are going to have a hard time convincing a jury that anything he did was enough of a threat to their lives to justify shooting him.

Bad shoot. Can't help but wonder if a throwdown gun was pressed to his hand for DNA/prints.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Only takes one Old Tony on a jury and he walks.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

True that. That's part of why I have never tried to get out of jury duty. Working at a primary care doctor's office I'd see people come in and get a letter to get out of it all the time. I figure that it's my civic duty to serve if called. I know that if a jury was judging me I'd want smart level headed people on it.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted