1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5.4 quake in SoCal...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 7, 2010.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm on the fifth floor in downtown LA and my building shook 3 times in 3 minutes.

Edit to reflect the new 5.4 magnitude.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Re: 5.9 quake in SoCal...

I'm on the first floor of an office park in Reseda and it Just. Didn't. Stop. On and on and on and on.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Bird you're right. I was the longest-running quake I've felt since the Northridge one.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This one much closer to the population center from the Easter shaker. Borrego Springs. Only 60 miles from San Diego. Shallow quake (7.3 miles) means more shaking/rolling.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

It freaked out the older woman sitting behind me.
    I just thought the fat guy was walking by again.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Earthquakes bring out the worst in LA TV news. Myrtle, an elderly lady from Hemet, has to call the TV station and report that she felt the quake while sitting on the couch and her chandelier swayed.
    The news anchor then pumps her with questions as if she is one of those androgynous Caltech quake experts.
    This keeps on for 30 minutes with idiots calling in to say they felt the quake but no harm was done.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's close, but I think *STORM WATCH (insert year)* beats it. But again, it's close. Has Lucy Jones come on the air yet to tell everyone, "Look, it was a 5.4. Relax."

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That was a pretty violent one. It got the adrenaline going for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted