1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5/22/08 (Running Indiana Jones thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Spielberg has already said that CGI is primarily being used for mattes and background stuff. Ford is doing all his own stunts.

I'll go out on a limb and say the movie will kick ass, all the joyless cynics be damned. He could make a movie about the lower intestine and make it eminently watchable.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

*************** Possible spoiler alert ************

I watched a couple of trailers earlier and found something that disturbed me a little.

About 30 seconds from the end of the trailer, Blanchett's character drops her glasses and bends down to pick them up.

Beside her head is a military-style ammunition box with the words (if you don't want the spoiler, stop reading)

Roswell, NM, painted on the side. The crystal skull is an alien, I'm betting.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

No problem, TBF: those aren't spoilers to anyone who has followed the press for this movie.

Mucas has said all along that while the others took place in the 1930s and thus paid homage to the 1930s-type serials, this one will be a 1950s B-Sci-fi film. I like the idea behind that, but if you look at what the older scripts for this (written 15 years ago) had . . . .

Let's just say at one point, harrison Ford rejected the script because he said, "No way am I starring in a Steven Spielberg flying saucer movie." That old script had a big flying saucer battle at the end. Who thought that was a good idea?

No one.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

WTF? Without revealing TBF or Piotr's spoilers, that sounds absurd.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Derka derka, LOL! derka derka.

Harrison Ford says he'll do another e. . ."if the script is good."

Why the hell didn't he have that condition for the last one?

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/access-hollywood-indiana-jones-5.html

The horror. The horror.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Can't remember the last time I was as frightened as I was when I saw this thread back atop the main page. Another one?

Oh, the humanity.

7. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I wouldn't mind another, if only so the series can end on a higher note than the freakin' Crystal Skull/Aliens/Whatever.

I can't be worse. I mean, yeah, it's clear now that The Last Crusade should've just been it. But another try can only be better.

Draft saved Draft deleted