1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5/22/08 (Running Indiana Jones thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 8, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Some early photos released. Cool poster, I think.

Indiana Jones and the Kingkom of the Crystal Skull. It's a hard formula to fuck up, but I must admit I'm skeptical.

http://movies.yahoo.com/slideshows/generic/indianajonesandthekingdomofthecrystalskull.html

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I love the series and I've always been a tremendous fan of Ford, but I really wonder about this one.

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Looks like a CGI shitfest in the vein of the last three Star Wars movies.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I didn't think it was awful.... but potentially you could be right. There were a couple of red flags.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I liked the old-fashioned stunt sequence with the trucks, but other than that everything else looked extremely fake.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Eh, I'll still be there.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Looks like a force (something being done merely for the sake of doing it, and for the $$$).

Hope I'm wrong.

If it's 80% as good as The Last Crusade (and does not resemble the second POS), I'll take it.

9. Looked f-ing awesome to me. I'm pumped.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Looked ... confusing? But hell, I'll be there.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[possible spoiler removed]

The chase through the warehouse? Ding, ding, ding.

12. I, for one, dug that shot of Indy leaning down to pick up his Fedora and then you see his shadow cast on the side of the Army car. To me, that's vintage Spielberg. Even better considering the cinematographer on the first three films is 90 and retired meaning the guy who shot "Schindler's List" did the lens work.

I'll go out on a limb here and predict that No. 4 is going to be totally worth it.

Draft saved Draft deleted