1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5/22/08 (Running Indiana Jones thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 8, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No, it's Indiana Jones and the Incontinence.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It better be a demon on wheels.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Nice, slappy. :)

4. Kate Blanchett (sp?) will play Indy's love interest (wife?), so I'm told.

Confirmashone? [/canteenboy]

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ford and Lucas have to use IJ4 as a warmup for Star Wars Episode VII, out in 2011. :eek: :eek:

Extra icky-poo angle to the possible Ford-Portman love interest storyline, if it happens (in case you needed anything more): in the Star Wars series, Portman is Ford's mother-in-law. ::) ::)

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Well, great. His son, perhaps? Nicde flavor of the week casting, too.

::)

I guess I should give up hope of this project never being filmed at this point. While there was at least some story that remained to be told in Star Wars (regardless of what one thinks about the choices Mucas made with his movies and his vision), what is left to say here?

For about a decade, they didn't make movies like Indiana Jones anymore. But now, entertaining movies about good heroes and clearly evil villains have made a great comeback. There is no need to draw from this well again, 18 years later. What story were they unable to tell in the three older films? Why can they not understand that Superman Returns was not special outside of its shameless nods to the old movies? Why can they not see that Rocky Balboa only succeeded because of its nods to a film that is 30 years old?

There is nothing fresh abou a 63-year-old swashbuckling hero. There is plenty sad about it.

Dammit. Leave well enough alone, you idiots.

:'(

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Hey, I think Harrison looks pretty damn good for 64. If I look anything like that at that age, I'll be thrilled.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any of his movies in awhile, but I have seen him on Letterman and other TV shows, and really, he's terrible. In those instances, his age has really, really really shown. It isn't just his looks though, it's everything. He never seems to have a clue what's going on and talks like he's a drunk homeless guy. He seems more like a grandpa ready to wet himself than a Hollywood star getting ready for a huge sequel.

I hope this movie kicks ass, but my last few times seeing Ford make me question whether he's still up to it.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I haven't seen him in awhile, so I believe it.

But he's always had that kind of laconic, inner-directed thing. But I do know he was drunk as hell recently at some award show.

But like 2 years ago, I thought he looked great for 60+ -- fit, all his hair, etc.

Guess it's gone downhill?

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

UPDATE: Sean Connery is out :(
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070607/ap_en_ot/people_sean_connery_3;_ylt=AqXYzeSe6sWjF4TasgU6gqcE1vAI

"I get asked the question so often, I thought it best to make an announcement," Connery, 76, said in a statement posted Thursday on Lucasfilm's "Indiana Jones" Web site. "I thought long and hard about it, and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement it would have been an `Indiana Jones' film."

"I love working with Steven and George, and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son," he said. "But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun."

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'm guessing Trebek's mother must be keeping him busy...

Draft saved Draft deleted