1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5/22/08 (Running Indiana Jones thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

..."Indiana Jones 4" comes out. I really hope it doesn't suck...
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117958900.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Its competition that weekend? "Speed Racer"

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Is that a live-action Speed Racer?

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Yup

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

The last word I heard on this was that it wasn't going to happen.

Apparently, the SAG won't allow actors to use real weapons. Ford said no deal without the whip. Has that been resolved?

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That's the day before my 51st birthday. Hope I get there.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This won't do the Speed Racer legacy justice unless it has bad dialogue and the Mammoth Car.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The script is said to be awful good.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

My expectations and hopes could not possibly be any lower.

I continue to hope that Indiana Jones 4 is killed before it's too late.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I have every line of every Indiana Jones movie memorized, and have since I can remember. I bought the DVD trilogy the first day it came out -- the only DVDs I have ever paid full retail price for.

I, too, hope there is never an Indiana Jones 4. Because then I'll have to see it.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Whew.

And I thought he was giving us the new date for the Apocalypse.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I think the whip issues have been resolved by allowing Ford to carry an actual whip and then going green-screen for any scene in which the whip is used in a "potentially dangerous" manner.

I think the expectations for this film are a little off. This movie wasn't pushed through in a short time, so the script wasn't rushed. Many are comparing the whole IJ4 saga to the one surrounding Superman Returns. The problems, in both cases, had nothing to do with the quality of the production or the script. There were just quite a few unfortunate and unexpected hurdles along the way that held up production.

Those who have read the script pretty much agree that this film has the potential to be the best of the series. And if the number of Oscars spread among the crew is any indication, the production should be very, very good.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

No, you won't. You'll be like me with Superman Returns. I just knew that film would be absolute shit and had my mind made up a year in advance that I was gonna hate it.

Walked into the screening convinced that I was about to watch the greatest film in motion picture history.

Draft saved Draft deleted