1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5/15 SNL: Alec Baldwin

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 16, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, for the episode itself: Yawn. Baldwin's been suffering from seriously drastic diminishing returns over his last few hosting turns. This was probably the dullest of the lot.

That said: I wonder how many of the cast will return for 2010-11 season?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Betty White should have been the season ender.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They need the ghost of Belushi to come back. "Whatever happened to the SNL I once knew. Where is the guts?....

The political stuff has been really lame, now if they got Palin to host next year, maybe even Sean Penn and brought in someone who could nail an Obama impression they might have shot but I'm not holding my breath.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Yes. Agree. That was really bad. The only thing I laughed at some was the "Timecrowave" sketch and Stefon on Weekend Update. Really, really bad show.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I was actually semi-excited seeing as Baldwin was host and the show seemed to get some momentum after what I thought was a really funny Betty White episode. I was absolutely stunned at how craptastic it was, and another whacky Kristin Wiig unfunny character (Starfish).

Holy crap was it bad, did not even make it to update.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought the hooker skit was okay. Like the one with Tina Fey a few weeks back it had a beginning, a middle and an end and played off the genre it was spoofing. Hilarious? No. But I wouldn't mind seeing more stuff like it, as opposed to the stuff that lays out "the joke" in the first 15 seconds and keeps hammering it until it ends.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay, the hooker thing did make me laugh, though I think we all saw that one coming like a cab down Main Street with all its doors open. That, and the microwave thing were decent.

In the attrociously bad dept.: Starfish, Keenan Thompson's sex tape thing that doubled-up as a) not funny and b) beaten into the ground, and the WU thing about the unprepared singers. I simply cannot think of one funny thing Fred Armisen has ever contributed to the show.

He needs to go. Thompson needs to go. I'd give a reprieve to Moynihan, as he improved of late.

I hope I'm reading too much into it, but Hader stepped front and center at show's end and made an emphatic goodbye. Hope that wasn't him saying "I'm outta here." Him, I like.

8. Inky_Wretch

I noticed Hader and Armisen do that emphatic goodbye thing too.

I thought that was one of the weakest WU's of the season, thanks to the three guests in Snooki, Stefon and the singers who don't know any songs.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Seth Meyers is the worst weekend update anchor ever by a zillion miles.

Fred Armisen might be the least talented person (who lasted a long time) ever on that show.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Shannon would definitely make that list too...

12. Inky_Wretch

Eh, I like Meyers. Probably because he reminds me of a friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted