1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5/09 SNL - Timberlake hosting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, May 9, 2009.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

If by good you mean he ruined half the skits by laighing at - or sometimes before - the punch line.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Actually, that was part of his charm. He and Sanz, both.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The only good hosts who do it regularly (not counting former cast members) are JT, Baldwin, John Goodman and Ben Affleck.

Steve Martin and Tom Hanks don't host enough to be on the list anymore.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Martin was AWFUL the last time he hosted. He simply went through the motions and was not funny. At all.

I fear Will Ferrell will give a similar performance next week when he returns to host.

5. Mizzougrad96

I can't see Ferrell phoning it in. All he has to do is do one GWB sketch and it will be better than 90 percent of other SNLs.

If you haven't seen "You're Welcome America..." I highly recommend it. Funnier than any of Ferrell's recent movies by a longshot.

6. Mizzougrad96

Apparently every time JT hosts, he goes there will ideas for a couple sketches, apparently the only others who do that are Baldwin and Affleck.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I have seen You're Welcome ... and it's great ... though I thought it dragged (drug?) in parts.

I like pretty much all of his movies, so that's a difficult comparison to make.

I wouldn't worry about Ferrell hosting SNL. He'll bring it.

8. The digital short was the best thing SNL has done since the last time those two did a digital short — Dick in a Box.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Chances that he hit this one too? I'd say pretty good...

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Barry Gibbs Talk Show and Patterson on Weekend Update tear me up EVERY TIME, no matter how one-note they are. Love them.

Gotta listen to "Each Other's Mothers" a couple times to get the genius of the writing. Well done.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Amen. Didn't catch some of the better lines until the 2nd-3rd viewings.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You left out number one.

Christopher Walken.

Your avatar mocks you.

Draft saved Draft deleted