1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5/09 SNL - Timberlake hosting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, May 9, 2009.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

That might be the best Digital Short ever. I'm watching it for the third time right now. Very well done.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This ... THIS ... is why I keep watching SNL. Nights like this.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh great. Shottie's back on his high kitty. :D

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Damn right. So there.

5. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Timberlake doing Kelly Clarkson? He WILL do anything, and he's unbelievably talented. That PlasticVille/Lifters skit should not have been that good, but it was. Wow.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This is a pretty good read.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/05/08/the-genius-of-justin-timberlake/

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Not a big fan of the Barry Gibb Talk Show. The songs are sort of entertaining, but it just doesn't do it for me.
    I actually liked the pirate skit (at least the parts without Keenan Thompson). "Yeah? Here's a FastPass back to Hell you churro-loving sons-a-bitches."

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

was watching madtv and making fun of how stupid it has become before turning it over to snl. great show.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My favorite line in the digital short: "this is our second-best idea". Timberlake is one of those guys it took a long time for me to warm up to, but he wears you down because he'll work his butt off to entertain people. His stint hosting the ESPYs was great.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I haven't watched it yet, but in about five years I fully expect Timberlake to be the biggest star in the world, acting, music etc...

I'm stunned he hasn't done more movies.

11. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Barry Gibb talk show has always -- always -- been awesome. It's a predictable, one-note skit that cracks me up .... every ... single ... time.

Of course, I don't have an irrational hatred of Jimmy Fallon. Dude was good on SNL.

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

I remember three years ago (I think) when it was announced he was hosting/musical guest for the first time. I don't think I could have been more down on the possibility of it being entertaining.

Now I feel like I am only truly interested if it involves him to some capacity. Especially considering all the great comedy talent that comes in and flops.

P.S. I love Fred Armisen doing Patterson. Gets me every time. Hader does a pretty good Spitzer too.

Draft saved Draft deleted