1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

49ers to ESPN: F*** Off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Apr 29, 2007.

1. classy

jesus, a guy acted like an idiot and the 49er PR guy did the right thing

responses like yours are just as idiotic

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Too bad the Chronicle didn't get the name of the producer.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

They couldn't wait five minutes? The guy had been drafted. What the hell does ESPN need him right there and then for?

Besides, it gave one of the ESPN dumb asses a chance to say about Willis, "The best way to describe this guy, is he's a football player."

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This had nothing to do with what the ESPN broadcast needed. Hell, that whole thing is about filling space with endless hours of crap.

It had nothing to do with rights fees, either.

It was about ESPN's giant, collective ego. The WWL figures just about any PR or media type will bend over on command and in this case, the 49ers' guy did the right thing and stood his ground.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And he probably won't have to buy his own drinks during training camp.

6. KP

KP Active Member

Might it create a situation next year where ESPN gets the pick before everyone else does?

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A. That blog entry raises more questions than it answers.

B. I doubt there is one reader who gives a flip about the backstory at a press gangbang.

Chalk up another one for the uselessness of blogs.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

NBA Draft did that for years. If ESPN wants to put that in stone, they probably could do it. But was this interview right after he was picked, or did it come at some random part of the show?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I read somewhere that Gammons got a Red Sox ring... I think Berman got in trouble for talking about it or showing it off on the air...

Good for the Niners on this one...

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That's a fair expression of opinion. I'm cool with that.

But I'm more than comfortable with the passion I feel about this particular issue, and would
    be shocked if the vast majority of folks who give a damn about the topic don't agree with me.

11. Berman had nothing to do with Young's hire ... Every network wanted him and ESPN/ABC was willing to give him the lightest load.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hate to admit it, but i'm a raider fan, and if oakland received a fourth-round pick and will NOT be paying any of the douchebag's salary next season, i think it was the best trade the raiders ever made. rot in hell moss you no-route runnin' dog fucker.

Draft saved Draft deleted